Monday 7 May 2012

Launch of Article Series

My post on Learned Helplessness created quite a debate on the British Dressage forum. The thread did quickly go off topic, which seems to be quite a common occurence! Anything that creates a healthy discussion is good though, and I'm sure it's because we are all essentially passionate about ridden horse welfare.

To answer some of the points that were raised, I've expanded my post into a full article, which you can access here. I hope this will be the first of a series of articles to discuss the application of scientific theory to ridden horse behaviour, using easy to understand language. The next article will expand on how ridden horses learn. If you have ideas for further topics please post them below.

Due to a limit on the number of pages a blog can host, the articles will be on a separate web platform, but you will see that there is a new page on the left side bar where they can all be accessed. To maintain free hosting, this site does have avertisements, which I hope you will not find too distracting (or expensive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment